Designed to encourage reflection, inquiry, critical thinking and dialogue about reading, The Reader’s Notebook helps student account for what they read through conversational writing. Fountas & Pinnell’s Reader’s Notebooks help students become better readers by:
- Engaging in critical thinking
- Learning how to interpret a text
- Making connections between texts/genres
- Connecting reading and writing
- Promoting active discussion
- Continually responding and reflecting on a text
- Examining the writer’s craft
Reader’s Notebooks are an indispensable resource as you strive to align with the Common Core State Standards. Practical and easy to use, they propel students to write to explore meaning. Click on the tabs below for a closer look.
*Following each tabbed section of the Notebook, are ruled pages for student response.