Are you interested in becoming a member of The Baltimore Teacher Supply Swap?
Anyone who uses educational materials can become a member, including teachers, parents, homeschoolers, youth programs, and daycare providers. Members are entitled to visit the Swap on a frequent basis to stuff bags full of whatever supplies they need. Choose from our inventory of school supplies, math manipulatives, science tools, classroom decorations, art supplies, and more.
Become a member the next time you visit the Swap. Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted.
How much does a membership cost?
- A yearly payment $10 or more OR
- Monthly payments in the amount of your choice
Why is there a membership program?
The Baltimore Teacher Supply Swap is an independently-run 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that depends on individual contributions to stay open. Membership fees will cover costs to keep the organization up and running.
What if I’ve never been to the Swap?
Your first visit is on us – feel free to take what you need at no cost! You can choose to become a member if you want to come back for more.
What if I choose not to become a member?
You’ll still be able to receive supplies, but on a limited basis. Non-members can take one bag of supplies once per quarter (every three months).
What will I get as a member?
The average person takes 2 ½ bags of supplies each time they visit the Swap, and each bag has an average retail value of $20. That means you’re likely to get at least a $50 value with each visit.
If you visit every month and take 2 ½ bags each time, you’ll receive a $600 value per year.
If you visit every quarter and take 5 bags each time, you’ll receive a $400 value per year.
BTSS Membership Disclaimer
Baltimore Teacher Supply Swap (BTSS) members agree to the following:
- Members may not sell items taken or received from BTSS. All items are to be taken with the intention of using them for educational purposes only.
- There may be quantity limits on the number of items guests are permitted to take. Guests must adhere to the limit and not take more.
- While at the BTSS location, children are to be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. Children may not remove or play with items on the shelves.
- All items are sold or distributed “AS-IS” and there are no warranties which extend beyond the description of the item. BTSS disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability for items distributed or sold by BTSS or the fitness of the same for any purpose, and member/buyer agrees that these items are sold as-is.
BTSS reserves the right to terminate the membership of anyone who violates the agreement above.