Who is the Swap for?
The Swap is for anyone who needs educational supplies, including teachers, parents, homeschooling families, youth programs, and daycare providers. The Swap is also for anyone looking to donate school, office and other classroom supplies and materials. We accept educational supplies for all grade levels – early childhood through high school.
How can I get supplies?
Visit the Swap! To get the most out of the Swap, become a member. Members are entitled to visit the Swap on a frequent basis to stuff bags full of whatever supplies they need. Don’t want to become a member just yet? Your first visit is on us – feel free to take what you need at no cost! You can choose to become a member if you want to come back for more.
How do I become a member?
Anyone can become a member in person when visiting the Swap or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept cash, check, or credit card.
When is the Swap open?
The Swap is open Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:30 & Saturdays from 11:00 – 2:00
Where can I park?
There is free street parking right outside the Swap on Wicomico Street.
How can I donate supplies?
There are 3 ways to donate supplies:
- Deliver them during open hours – no appointment necessary.
- Contact Melissa at email@example.com or (443)-826-9147 to arrange an alternate time to deliver donations.
- Contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or (443)-826-9147 to schedule a pickup of your donation. The following pickup fees apply to cover transportation costs:
- Within 15 miles of zip code 21230: No fee
- Within 16 – 25 miles of zip code 21230: $5
- Within 26 – 35 miles of zip code 21230: $10
What types of supplies do you have and accept?
Our supplies fluctuate based on the donations received but generally consist of school supplies, arts and crafts materials, manipulatives, curriculum supplements, classroom decorations, and more!
Is there a way to know what supplies are currently available?
Yes, click here to check our current inventory which is updated weekly.
How can I help?
Donate supplies and materials using one of the methods above. Don’t have materials to donate but want to help? The Swap is a completely volunteer-based organization so we’re always looking for volunteers to keep it up and running. You can make your own schedule and help in one of the following 3 ways:
- Assist guests onsite during open hours
- Organize and sort materials onsite during the day on Tuesdays or Thursdays
- Pick up donations from donors as needed.