The materials available to teachers are gently-used donations. Teachers, schools, individuals, and businesses who contribute supplies they no longer need can rest assured that they will go to someone who needs them. Choose the donation option that is most convenient for you:
- Deliver them during open hours (Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. & Saturdays 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) – no appointment necessary
- Drop them off any time at our location, in the red donation shed in front of the warehouse
- Contact email@example.com to schedule a pick-up (fees may apply)
Examples of supplies:
- School Supplies: notebooks, paper, folders, binders, clipboards, dry erase boards, scissors, glue, pencil cases, crayons, markers, pencils, and pens
- Office Supplies: paper, staplers, sticky notes, desk organizers, and storage containers
- Classroom Materials: pocket charts, name tags, stickers, student certificates, posters, charts, bulletin board decorations, and calendar materials
- Arts and Crafts: paint, fabric, beads, plastic containers, yarn, egg cartons, toilet paper rolls, and construction paper
- Curriculum Supplements: math manipulatives, interactive tools, science tools, curriculum kits, games, puzzles, and center activities
- Early Childhood: imaginative play items, costumes, toys, stuffed animals, and floor puzzles
- Books: workbooks, teacher resources, big books
If you have any questions about whether or not we will accept a specific donation, please contact us. Our programmatic costs are offset through individual contributions and through selling certain donations online.
A $25 donation covers costs to keep the Swap open for a day!
Do you want to help local teachers with a financial donation? Even a small donation can make a huge difference for a teacher, and ultimately their students.
Additional Information About Donating
- Donation receipts will be provided.
- PENCILS are our most requested supply from teachers. Please donate pencils if available.
- Gently used supplies are accepted.
- Supplies branded with company logos are accepted.
- We DO NOT accept the following materials:
Novels, children’s books, or textbooks (please donate those to the Maryland Book Bank)
Worksheets or mimeographs
VHS/cassette tapes or records
Homemade or hand-written charts