The materials available to teachers are gently-used donations. Teachers, schools, individuals, and businesses who contribute supplies they no longer need can rest assured that they will go to someone who needs them. Choose the donation option that is most convenient for you:
- Deliver them during open hours (Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. & Saturdays 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) – no appointment necessary
- Drop them off any time at our location, in the red donation shed in front of the warehouse
- Schedule a pickup
- Fees apply to recover costs associated with picking up donations. The fee is $35 for Baltimore City, $50 for Baltimore County, and $75 for all other counties.
- Payment can be made by credit card, check, or cash. If paying by check or cash, payment is due upon pickup.
- School Supplies: notebooks, paper, folders, binders, clipboards, dry erase boards, scissors, glue, pencil cases, crayons, markers, pencils, and pens
- Office Supplies: paper, staplers, sticky notes, desk organizers, binders, hanging files, and storage containers
- Classroom Materials: pocket charts, name tags, stickers, student certificates, posters, charts, bulletin board decorations, and calendar materials *No handmade materials*
- Arts and Crafts: paint, fabric, beads, plastic containers, yarn, egg cartons, toilet paper rolls, and construction paper
- Curriculum Supplements: math manipulatives, interactive tools, science tools, curriculum kits, games, puzzles, and center activities
- Early Childhood: imaginative play items, costumes, toys, stuffed animals, and floor puzzles
- Books: workbooks, teacher resources, big books
If you have any questions about whether or not we will accept a specific donation, please contact us. Our programmatic costs are offset through individual contributions and through selling certain donations online.
A $25 donation covers costs to keep the Swap open for a day!
Do you want to help local teachers with a financial donation? Even a small donation can make a huge difference for a teacher, and ultimately their students.
Additional Information About Donating
- We DO NOT accept the following materials:
Worksheets or mimeographs
VHS/cassette tapes or records
Homemade or hand-written charts
- Donation receipts will be provided upon request.
- PENCILS are our most requested supply from teachers. Please donate pencils if available.
- Gently used supplies are accepted, including those branded with company logos.
Below are some recommended organizations to donate supplies the Swap does not accept:
- Office and classroom furniture
- Children’s clothing
- Novels and children’s books
- Computers and technology